Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Life is what you make it

Just when you think you have your life planned out, life has a way of surprising you. If you had asked me 3 years ago where I saw myself now, I would have said at college somewhere spinning for a WGI level guard. But that wasn't what was in store for me. 3 years ago, I met the man who is now my husband. I still continued to do winter guard with Spintronix. Then, earlier this year, I found out I was pregnant. My Spintronix family were all so excited for me! I continued to do guard over the summer and fall as an instructor at a local high school using the skills I had learned over my 6 year career as a Spintronix member. While there were some definite challenges to being 6 months pregnant and teaching drill and choreography, I loved every second of it.  I have since been accepted as a member of Spintronix again, and will join the rest of the cast at rehearsals as soon as I have recovered from giving birth to my daughter. With any luck I will join them next weekend. As I sit here holding my beautiful new baby, I cannot help but feel grateful for Spintronix and the skills I have learned here, because I can use them to work and provide for my family while still doing what I love.

Alicia, 7-year veteran member

No comments:

Post a Comment