Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Bad Guy - Reprinted with Permission

I've been a busy little bee! As you may have noticed,Learning to Breathe is now available on LOTS of different e-reader formats instead of just Kindle! You are welcome, world!

 

On that note, I love when I don't have to be the "bad guy" in a situation. What do I mean? Well, there has been this girl in my life who I really was not a fan of for several years. However, being the soft-hearted and kind person that I am, I was nice to her. I was always nice to her. She thought she was being nice to me often, but she mostly just came off as a mean and overbearing person. I kept being nice, though, because I know that is just how she is and she can't help it. I'm sure it was something to do with the way she was raised.

 

Anyhow, she recently contacted me on Facebook to let me know how immature she thought I was. The thoughts in my head, of course, "Oh boy, here we go. Haven't had any contact with this girl in like 2 years and suddenly she feels the need to tell me something I am doing in my life is WAY out of line." So she gave me what-for, informed me that she knows everything about me, my personality, my character, and my life (suuuuuuuure you do, sweetie), told me everything I am doing wrong. Then I let her know that people who ACTUALLY know me really like me and think I am funny. I never said anything mean, never cut her down, and was just being informative.

 

Here is the part where I don't have to be the bad guy... She responded by informing me that I am wrong (again) and immature (again) and she doesn't even know why we are still Facebook friends because there is no reason for us to be. She also said (and I am imagining she is using her slightly higher-pitched dramatic voice for this) that "this will be the last time you ever hear from me because I don't really care what you have to say in return!" Then she blocked me. There wasn't even a pause before I threw myself a little party in my mind!! I am a nice person, like I said, but it is still really difficult to continue being nice to someone who continually treats you like a lower life form than themselves. For her to cut off communication and block herself from my life is the greatest blessing.

 

I hope you all have continually great blessings in your life as well. :-)


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment