Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Blogger - Reprinted with Permission

It's been a while. I sort of died on the internet here recently. Seriously though, it's difficult to keep up a full time life and a full time blog so I've been letting the latter slip from my fingers. I recently received an e-mail about creating a blog and getting serious about it though and I liked the idea. I looked into a couple of different sites where I could grow my own brand, and there are some cool options out there. However, I know I haven't been the most dedicated author in the past so I have made a decision; I am going to start back up blogging on here again once a week. If I can stick to it through Christmas then I'm going to start an actual full-on blog on a blog site and migrate all of my stuff there. I'll still keep the Facebook page of course! Especially if I can't live up to my own expectations... 

 

Anyway, I'm going to give everyone more color guard content. I have a lot of stories, tips, tutorials, and other stuff to share. And with the recent success of the Spintronix Color Guard YouTube channel's How to color guard video series, Jackie and I have been tossing around the idea of writing a book for the series, complete with instructional pictures and my wonderfully wordy explanations. You laugh, because it's true, you know I write way too many words when just a few will suffice; it's a technique I fell in love with during my high school writing classes because I often got praise for great persuasive or descriptive essays. I was a flop on writing for the newspaper though, just so you know! I've gotten better and I can recognize when I'm doing it, but that doesn't mean I stop. It's my thing and I'm sticking to it.

 

Like I said, I have a lot of stuff to write about and tell you all about, however I want to know what it is you are interested in hearing about too. Leave me a comment or send me a message. I promise I'll read them all personally and get back with you. I do have a lot of stuff going on in my life but my writing is super important to me. I'm also trying to make time to get Spinsation book 3 out to you guys in 2016. We will see how that goes, I can't make any promises because book publishing is a lot more involved than blogging. I know you are all waiting for it though, and it's definitely still happening!


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment