Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2017

When Projects Become Projectiles - Reprinted with Permission

I've been playing with the idea of getting my PhD. Since I have a full-time job and have been putting the dough away as savings for a little while now, I could possibly afford it with some financial aid. The only problem right now is that time doesn't seem to be on my side. See, I have a lot of projects that I am involved in at the moment and all of them are contingent upon me having time to do the things that I need to do to get them done. Not the least of these is my book series, which you see how far I've gotten on book 3 lately *crickets.* It doesn't help that I've been picking up extra little side jobs here and there to keep myself from getting bored.

 

Speaking of those extra little side jobs, I recently wrote up a history for my friend's color guard. She drew out a timeline for me and I put it into words that have been reviewed as "eloquent and thorough." You can read it here:http://www.spintronixguard.org/ then in the navigation bar click "About" and in the drop-down menu click "History."

 

Anyhow, I think it would be so cool to have that Dr. in front of my name. Dr. Hope! How cool is that? And, well, it's sort of something I have wanted my whole life. From when I was a young girl and dreamed of being a veterinarian, all through school and college where I had to call my professors "Doctor so-and-so." It's not really a matter to be taken lightly, though. Having a PhD is something that takes a lot of focus, time, and of course money! So maybe it won't happen right now, but at least its something that I've put some research into.


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment