Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Member Jacket Patch Map

Alright, Spintronix members!!! You asked for it; here is a map of where your patches should go when you are putting them on your jackets. Photos are included!

 

Front:

Pink ribbon above your name

 

Left sleeve:

American Flag (I have these you can buy for $3.00)

Contest patches (from MCCGA, WGI, or any contest we perform at!)

 

Right sleeve:

Spintronix logo patch (I also have these for sale for $1.00)

Show patches (you will receive one of these each year at the banquet once you complete the season)

 

Back:

Below the logo place any patches you earn, purchase, or just plain like. You can buy patches at a lot of places you go, and you earn them for participating in activities (such as the Macy's parade), so the back is completely customizable! I like to put patches from places I've visited, activities I've done, and other things I like.

 

TIPS:

- All patches must be sewn on. If the patch has a sticky back the sticky won't last for very long, the patch will fall off, and dirt will then stick to your jacket.

- Make sure you pin the patches on before you sew them, make sure they are straight otherwise you will be unhappy with crooked patches!

- Even if the patch is sticky on the back, PIN IT before sewing!

- Make sure you check both the inside and the outside layer of the jacket to see they are lying flat before you sew. It is very easy to get the inside layer bunched up and it ends up preventing the patch or the whole jacket from hanging straight.

- The sleeves have a seam running straight down the top, you can center sleeve patches on this seam and they will be straight.

- If you can get a professional (or a parent!) to sew on your patches, it is highly recommended! If you want me to do it I will, but I am going to have to charge a dollar per patch to do it since I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days.

 

If you have any other questions, comment below!!! Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment