Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Unconditional Love

This week's blog comes from Caitlin Meyer, a veteran member who has been with Spintronix since we began our winterguard in 2011. She has also was a member of the color guard in the Bands of America Honor Band in the Tournament of Roses Parade, the Macy's Great American Marching Band in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, plus her high school marching band. Here is the SIG rehearsal from this weekend in her perspective:

 

My weekend is always the best when I go to practices with the Spintronix color guard. What's great is we are family so we definitely are ourselves around each other. On Friday we did a few Zumba warm ups which basically warm our bodies up. We also finished putting together our ballet/hip hop warm up and we got a little preview of what the rest of our flag warm up is. After rehearsal that night we had team building which teaches us not only to trust each other but the skills to help us communicate better in our lives as well as us being one guard. Saturday we put the rest of the show on the floor and at the end of practices we did some intense ab and muscle workouts and then we cleaned up the place and hugged each other goodbye. I can tell you that I've bonded with every person on this team and I love them all unconditionally.

 

There is never a day when I wake up asking why I ever joined Spintronix color guard. The people there only make me want to stay all week, no joke. Everyone there has made a huge impact on my life the past 4 years of my being there. I can go to anyone for advice knowing they will always be by my side. I never thought I could have been so fortunate until I joined the establishment and I thank God that I get the opportunity to be with the wonderful people that make this all possible every weekend. Not only do we do this to create character, friends, and memories as well as performing and breaking out of our comfort zones but we also do it for our fans.

 

Sincerely,

Caitlin Meyer

 

Caitlin giving her best performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!Caitlin giving her best performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

 

Be sure to keep checking on the Spintronix page to follow our competitive ensemble and for more blog entries from our members each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment