Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

On being a perfectionist - How to color guard (from Tumblr)

I am an impatient perfectionist who needs to not expect immediate success.

I must remind myself that practice makes perfect.

When I first joined color guard, everything was foreign. It took me weeks to figure out how to toss a single. 
It wasnt easy.

But with time and practice, I got it.

The same followed for doubles.
Rifle.
Sabre.

I may currently be struggling with specific 45s and consistent quads on rifle, but just because I dont have these skills now doesnt mean I will never have them.

Practice is key.

Determination is key.

I WILL get these tosses. I will improve.

The lesson here is to not shut down when you dont receive immediate results.

Here’s to improvement.

Fight till the bitter freaking end.

No comments:

Post a Comment