Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

New Girl

We have been on a blog hiatus here at Spintronix, but are finally back in action this week! Check out this entry from our newest member, Darby Schwein, as she recounts her step into the team mid-season.

 

So this weekend I had my third official Spintronix practice! Joining and learning the show in the middle of the season wasn’t easy, but I’m glad I did. On Friday we had a surprise hip hop dance class, with the help of Leah Cunigan! Then we had a great dinner of pizza, salad, and oreos provided by LK, who is now my favorite person for bringing oreos. Then we rehearsed, and before going to bed had team building, which taught us a lot about working together and relying on our teammates. On Saturday we got to sleep in till 8:30!  After having a fantastic breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and sausage, we had our ballet class taught by Joy then we cleaned our flag work and had an early lunch. It felt amazing outside, so we went out and worked on our dance and flag routine. Then Jackie’s sister Kelly surprised us! We went back inside and performed our show to random songs, which was pretty difficult, but helped us learn counts. Then after one last runthrough, we did our chores and went home.

 

When I first joined Spintronix, I was terrified that I wouldn’t fit in, and that I wouldn’t be able to learn the choreography in time. Everyone has been great, helping me out when I needed it, and accepting me even though I was thrown in in the middle of the season. These last couple weekends have been awesome, and look forward to more in the future.

 

And we at Spintronix are looking forward to having more of our fans involved in the future as we come down the home stretch into the last few weeks of our season. Keep checking back with us for more updates and if you would like to receive monthly updates right to your inbox just send us your e-mail address!

No comments:

Post a Comment