Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Balancing the Arts and Earning - Reprinted with Permission

I've had a lot to do lately, and I am trying to do all of the things that I did when I was younger on top of it. The way I see things, when I was young I did a lot in order to improve myself as a person. I read, wrote, exercised, danced, sang, did math problems, took care of my pets, cleaned my room, etc. I still do a lot of those things but otherresponsibilities of being an adult have taken over a huge portion of my self-improvement and I feel as if I had been at a stand-still of personal growth for the last several years. It was like I suddenly felt content with the person I had become and was perfectly happy being that person for the rest of my life. Maybe I was at the time, but the world keeps changing, so if I can't change with it then I am going to be stuck!

 

So now I am incredibly busy (much like I was when I was young). I read almost daily, I write in a journal 1-2 times per week (although sometimes this blog is all that counts as my writing for the whole week, pathetic I know), and I write to my pen pal 5-6 days a week. I still dance, of course, but I am dancing more now, and watching what I eat, too so that I don't get lazy and just eat whatever is available. The only problem with all of this, I feel, is that my job performance may soon suffer because I am so self-focused right now. There are definitely two possible outcomes; I am going to crash and burn, or I am going to continually grow and become better at all of this.

 

Everyone wants more spare time. I say, for what? But then again, I find myself having a hard time finding the time to work on my next book, too. Hopefully I can remedy this as well.


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment