Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Do You Think We'll Make It? - Reprinted with Permission

You can look all the time at these quotes such as "it's not about the destination, but the journey" but until you can apply that in real life, these quotes are just words.

 

Take me for instance (and who could be a better example than myself when it comes to writing in my own blog?); I enjoy color guard. Duh, I know, because if I didn't enjoy it then why on earth would I spend so much time thinking about it and writing about it and teaching it, etc. So, I love color guard. When, during all of my color guard adventures, am I the happiest though? Is it during the 4.5-11 minute performance time that I usually can't even remember anyway because of my incredible adrenaline rush? (By the way, it doesn't matter if I'm performing or watching my students perform, my physiological reaction is the same!) Is it the endless hours of rehearsal? Is it the long car rides to performances? Is it the breaks where everyone gossips and bonds? Is it the actual spinning of my equipment?

 

Really, it is a combination of all of these things! If I took any one of them away it would not be the same. The end game might be a gold medal for me, or just a good championship performance, but really it is all of the fun and memories that are created along the way that make me love what I do so very much...


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment