Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Human Relationships - Reprinted with Permission

Isn't it funny how human relationships work? I like to sit back and think about the psychology of it all sometimes. When you meet someone new, you hope that they are being honest with you, but you are suspicious that they might be. You also have the understanding that they are putting their best foot forward because they are trying to make a good impression on you just as much as you are trying to make a good impression on them. You can't really start to get to know what that person is truly like until you get past all of that nonsense.

 

There's also a problem if you go the other direction. If you are completely yourself when you first meet someone new, act as if you don't really care what they think of you, they might think you aren't interested in them because you don't care about their opinion of you. So... be yourself but be your BEST self I guess is the best advice.

 

I have problems behaving like a "normal" person in public often. I would be the kind of person who would organize and then perform in a flash mob (and I have on a small scale before). I dance out of nowhere. I occasionally burst into song. I snap my fingers. I can't whistle but if I knew how to whistle I probably still wouldn't whistle because the sound of whistling sometimes drives me a little crazy. Point being, I don't do what everyone else does all the time. I'm a menace to society. I also enjoy my life a lot more than a lot of people who are so worried about social norms that they actually alter who they are on the inside to fit some sort of outer mold.

 

We are Rome, ladies and gentlemen. Just please don't forget that Rome did fall.


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment