Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Inconceivable! - Reprinted with Permission

It's hard to believe that I am nearly finished with my second book. I started writing and dreaming of becoming an author when I was only in the 5th grade. At ten years old, my dreams were more about those award-winning authors who made millions from selling their stories to big publishing companies. Now, it's about fifteen years later, and my focus has changed a lot. However, I am still writing and I am very proud of myself for that.

 

My writing style has changed a lot, obviously, as I have grown. I have also changed it a lot just since I published my first book. Hopefully my readers will think that I have changed it for the better, since I was conscious of their feedback while working on this second story! My writing can only get better from here with experience.

 

That being said, I am so excited about this second book coming out! I haven't gotten a date set yet, because even though I only have one chapter left to write, it is going to be difficult to find the time to work on it in the coming weeks. Marching band season is incredibly busy and stressful for me (the good kind of stress!) so we shall see. Once I do have a date set, though, I am planning on doing a $0.99 special price on Kindle only for the first month to give all of my dedicated readers a reward for coming back and reading my second work! After that, it will be $2.99, but I am also planning on doing a few special free book days in between. After three months, it will be available on other platforms besides the Kindle through Barnes & Noble, iPad, Smashwords, etc.

 

Something else I have been thinking about a lot lately; rewriting old stories from when I was young. Some of my friends must remember my twin characters Jenna and Jemma of "Daredevil," and even more may recall when Rachel Carson moved halfway across the country in "The Yellow Notebook." These stories didn't have anything to do with color guard, since I had never heard of it before, but I was thinking maybe I could integrate them into the Spinsation series somehow. Let me know what you think!!


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment