Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Opening Ceremonies - A Rua Para Rio

Rehearsals are improving. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait" going on, except without any of the actual "hurry" part. I'm just amazed at how everything is coming together with so many thousands of people on the field of play. There have been a lot of frustrations out of this DCI alumnus over the rehearsal conditions, but if I've learned nothing else in my time with the Blue Stars it's that we are only as good as our weakest member. When there are thousands of people spanning from the age of 18 to 85, it requires much patience to make sure everyone knows their role and can do it exactly right. I value and idolize Steve and the rest of the creative team for their ability to cope and still try to keep things interesting for all of us.

I still won't give away any of the secrets since the ceremonies don't air for another week, but don't miss it!! It's going to be an amazing spectacle of Brazilian life and culture. It will be in the USA on NBC Friday, August 5th. Go watch it!! Go love it!! I might even be on TV!!


<3 Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment