Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Thoughts Forgotten & DCI Finals - Reprinted with Permission

I bet you thought I had forgotten about you this week, didn't you!! Nope, nope, just been busy as always. I've also been turning to my handwritten journal for a lot of my writing lately since it isn't always inspirations I want to share with the world.

 

This week is world championships for drum corps international, so if you know what that is all about then you are probably as excited as me and most of my friends. We are heading to Indianapolis and it is really going to be a blast of a time. I'm cheering for the Cadets this year for sure (I have been cheering for them for the past couple of years), and Carolina Crown too because their new guard caption head is a really awesome guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Muncie, IN show. I can't wait to see Bluecoats again with their incredible glamor (I swear, they sneeze glitter!) and Blue Stars with their lovely ocean-themed show. I love mermaids when I was growing up, so that is a true treat for me.

 

Spirit is pretty phenomenal this year (I mean, come on, they have a Vegas showgirl on the field! Mad props) although I am really upset with the amount of recordings they are depending upon. If I wanted to hear Frank Sinatra or Lady Gaga performing, I would be at a concert or just turning the radio up in the car. I go to drum corps shows to see what amazing things the KIDS are capable of doing, and puching "play" on an iPod doesn't count.

 

Fan favorite for me this year is Glassmen with their "face" flags. I wish I could've been on Glassmen's guard this year JUST so I can have a flag with a picture of my own face on it! That would be awful if you got the wrong flag during a performance, though, so I'm glad they have that organized.

 

There are LOTS of other great shows on this year. I'm busying myself with DCI's free live webcast of prelims right now... anybody could check it out too! Have fun and good luck to all my friends marching!


J.M. Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment